Mark Clairmont | MuskokaTODAY.com
SIMCOE-MUSKOKA — Five Muskoka COVID cases reported over the weekend are among 74 for the region.
The health unit says that since Friday its three-day total includes the following cases in its north end:
- Bracebridge woman, 35-44, under investigation after reporting Sept. 11, with a first report Sept. 10
- Huntsville boy, 0-17, under investigation after reporting Sept. 11, with a first report Sept. 10
- Huntsville man, 45-64, under investigation after reporting Sept. 11, with a first report Sept. 10
- Gravenhurst woman,18-34, community acquired before reporting Sept. 10, with a first report Sept. 7
- Muskoka Lakes man, 18-34, had close contact before reporting Sept. 10, with a first report Sept. 4
The cases come as 50 residents who tested positive were unvaccinated; 19 were fully vaccinated and 5 partially vaccinated.
This as the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit reports 73.1 per cent of the population has had their first vaccine and 67 per cent their second shot.
See chars below for some more comprehensive SMDHU statistics.
Vaccine clinics this week:
- Tuesday: Gravenhurst High School, 325 Mary St. South Gravenhurst, 4-7 p.m.
- Wednesday: Gravenhurst farmers market, 861 Bay St., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday: Huntsville High School, 58 Brunel Rd., 4-7 p.m.
- Saturday: Port Carling Foodland, 10 Bruce Wilson Dr., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday: MacTier Memorial Community Centre, 9 Haig St., 1-4 p.m.
MONDAY: COVID BY THE NUMBERS … 16 CASES IN SIMCOE-MUSKOKA (37 YESTERDAY) … ONTARIO 600 AND 6 DEATHS (784-6) … TORONTO 114 (147), YORK 65 (65), PEEL 84 (67) … NORTH BAY-PARRY SOUND 4 (7) … PORCUPINE 0 (0) …
HEALTH UNIT HIGHLIGHTS:
- 13,203 cases to date
- 12 this week since yesterday; 192 cases last week, which was 5% lower than the 203 cases the week of Aug. 29
- From December 22nd, 2020 onwards, there have been 185 confirmed COVID-19 cases among vaccinated individuals.
- 0 deaths in September, 1 in August, 4 in July, 6 in June
- 4,007 Alpha variants of concern, 168 Gamma, 34 Beta, 873 Delta
- 661 cases awaiting confirmation of VOC
- 854,600 vaccines have been administered
- 441,689 residents have received one vaccine (73% of the population)
- 83% of the population 12+ have had one vaccine shot
- 80% of youth 12 to 17 years have received one vaccine
IN OTHER COVID NEWS …
- Booster shots not needed yet, say world experts in new report.
- Toronto Public Health reports Sunday 4 school outbreaks in East York and Scarborough at a private, elementary and high schools.
- P.E.I. and New Brunswick temporarily close some schools due to outbreaks
- Quebec reporting 639 cases Monday.
- Some U.S. teens are in turmoil as they are caught between their own wishes to get vaccinated and their parents’ opposition. Minors in many states need parental consent to get jabbed.
- Despite some protests, B.C.’s digital and paper vaccine passport is in effect for first shots and by Oct. 24 for second shot.
- Britain’s Conservative government cancels vaccine certification for nightclubs and crowded venues only in England. Scottish health is releasing its recommendations in October.
- German health officials hope to shoot and score with vaccines at hockey games and kebab stalls.
- Los Angeles contact tracers are having trouble reaching young people with COVID and getting them to agree to an interview. Some don’t answer unknown phone numbers and texts are being returned with ‘Take me off the list and stop texting me.’
- Greece orders mandatory tests for all unvaccinated workers.
- Fujian, a southeast Chinese province is reporting 43 cases now of the Delta variant.
- Auckland, N.Z., will remain in strict lockdown till Sept. 21 with 955 total cases as of Monday.
28 years of ‘Local Online Journalism’
Twitter: @muskokatoday, Facebook: mclairmont1
Leave comments at end of story
SUBSCRIBE for $25 by e-transferring to email@example.com
Or go online to https://muskokatoday.com/subscriptions