BRACEBRIDGE — The town is re-opening a limited number of outdoor recreational amenities as allowe by the province.
At this time, playground equipment, public washrooms and other amenities will remain closed until further guidance regarding the reopening of these facilities is provided by the province and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
Facilities open include:
- Outdoor sports facilities and multi-use fields, including baseball diamonds, soccer fields, frisbee golf locations, tennis, platform tennis, table tennis and pickleball courts, basketball courts, BMX parks, and skate parks);
- Off-leash dog areas;
- Outdoor picnic sites, benches and shelters in park and recreational areas.
For a complete list of the town’s outdoor recreational amenities to be re-opened and the dates they will be re-opened please refer to Appendix “A” attached to COVID-19 Update No. 16.
Town staff are posting signs at all locations advising people that these amenities are not sanitized.
The town says it recognizes that outdoor activity and exercise is important now and “we encourage all users to continue to follow these guidelines”
- Stay home if you are exhibiting symptoms or feeling unwell;
- No gatherings of 5 people or more unless immediate family members;
- Maintain physical distance of at least 2 metres at all times;
- If 2 metres is not possible, users should depart the area immediately — or use a mask;
- If using trails, warn other users of your presence and allow for appropriate passing distance;
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces if needed;
- Wash your hands immediately when you return home.