MUSKOKA LAKES — A prohibited driver has been charged with impaired operation of a vehicle that had unauthorized plates and that did not have an ignition interlock device as required.
An open container of alcohol was also found.
Police say Edward McKenzie, 31, of Gravenhurst was charged after a complaint from a member of the public on Everleigh Road in Muskoka Lakes Township.
Officers were called Wednesday, June 7, at 1:30 p.m., about the behaviour of a motorist.
The vehicle was located and McKenzie, 31, was arrested and charged with the following eight counts:
- Impaired Operation CC 320.14(1)(a)
- Over 80 CC 320.14(1)(b)
- Operation While Prohibited CC 320.18(1)(a)
- Fail to Comply with Release Order CC 145(5)(a)
- Operate Motor Vehicle Without Insurance CAIA 2(1)(a)
- Use Plate not Authorized by Vehicle HTA 12(1)(d)
- Having Care/Control of a Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Alcohol LLCA 42(1)(a)
- Drive Motor Vehicle Not Equipped with Ignition Interlock Device HTA.O.Reg 287/08 11
McKenzie is to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge July 11, 2023.