MINDEN — An auto accident here has led to numerous charges including impaired driving, drugs and illegal firearms possession against a Gravenhurst man.
Provincial police from the Haliburton OPP laid the charges after a single-vehicle collision.
They say that on Wednesday, June 9, officers responded to a single vehicle collision on Gelert Road in Minden Hills Township.
As a result of the investigation, the Carter McInnis, 27, was charged with several offences under the Criminal Code and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
McInnis is charged with:
- Operation of a Motor Vehicle While Impaired
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to a Prohibition Order – two counts
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Trafficking in a Schedule I Substance – two counts
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order – two counts
McInnis was released on bail and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay July 7, 2021.