Mark Clairmont | MuskokaTODAY.com
MUSKOKA — Local initiatives to prevent a possible spread of the Cornavirus are taking hold in the public schools with a number of proactive measures to get ahead of the threat as the virus that could spread widely, according to at least one top federal official.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board (TLDSB) says it continues to monitor the increasing number of cases of COVID-19 cases in Ontario and around the world.
It says as precautionary measures the following is taking place:
- There is increased surface cleaning taking place in all schools.
- All international, out-of-province, and out-of-district school trips have been cancelled for the rest of the school year – individual schools are working with tour operators to determine rescheduling or refund options.
- The Trillium Lakelands District Arts Camp (TLAC) has been cancelled for this year – families will receive refunds within the next couple of weeks.
- Schools have been asked to consider temporarily cancelling the shared use of musical instruments.
- Disinfectant wipes have been made available in schools for wiping shared items including keyboard.
- Hand sanitizer has been made available to schools to be used by students under the direction of an adult.
They add that with many families travelling over the March break, the school board has posted information about things to do before you leave, while travelling, and when you return has been provided by our public health partners.
The full update can be found on our website: tldsb.ca/covid19/
Email Mark Clairmont at firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrating 25 YEARS of ‘Local Online Journalism’
Follow him at Twitter @muskokatodaily
And on Facebook at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter @muskokatodaily
And on Facebook at mclairmont1
Letters to the Editor always welcome:
Let us know what you’re thinking. Click on the Comment button at the end of this story to leave your comments.
Or write a Letter to the Editor …
And … please Subscribe:
Support Your Community’s Newspaper