HUNTSVILLE — A man arrested on gun and related drug charges was in court Friday at Braicebridge for bail hearing.
Provincial police at Huntsville say they stopped a vehicle on Main St. West in Huntsville Thursday, August 8, 2019.
Their investigation into the driver of the car led to the arrest of a 49 year old male, Thomas Mortensen, for breach of probation.
Further investigation by police led to the location of a handgun and Mortensen being charged with the following:
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order, section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code.
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order X4, section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm, section 95 (a) of the Criminal Code.
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, section 86(1) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Probation Order, section 117.01(1), of the Criminal Code.
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, section 91(1), of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000, section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
Mortensen was held in custody by police and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice, Bracebridge Ontario Aug. 9, for a bail hearing.