BRACEBRIDGE — A wanted Scarborough man was in court Friday for a bail hearing after police found a firearm and drugs after stopping the speeding driver on Hwy. 11 Thursday.
On February 7, 2019, at 5 p.m., a provincial police officer from the Bracebridge detachment conducting a radar check northbound in Bracebridge stopped a grey Honda Civic that was moving considerably higher than the speed limit, the OPP say.
Upon further investigation, the officer learned that the man operating the vehicle was wanted in Toronto and Essex County on outstanding warrants.
Subsequent to his arrest, police located a firearm in his possession along with illegal drugs and several thousand dollars in cash.
* Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm CC 95(a)
* Possession of a Firearm contrary to Prohibition Order CC 117.01(1) X 4
* Possession of a Prohibited Device CC 92(2)
* Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm CC 91(1)
* Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was a Firearm CC 94
* Careless Storage of a Firearm CC 86(1)
* Possession of Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Opioid CDSA 5(2)
* Possession of Property Obtained by Crime CC 354(1)(a)
* Fail to Comply with Recognizance CC 145(3) X 2
* Speeding HTA 128
He was in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge Feb. 8, for the bail hearing.